Originally from Nelson, I am a Chartered Accountant with a wealth of international experience across multiple industries.
Career Summary over the last 13 years:
• Tesco Supermarkets managing their joint ventures and then working within the Central European team with a focus on their private label products.
• OAMPS Insurance Brokers (it was part of the Wesfarmers Group at the time) as Financial Planning & Analysis Manager where I implemented budgeting and forecasting at branch level, developed a branch turnaround model and implemented a BI Tool
• Coles Supermarkets – 3 roles including FBP Total Loss Operations which saw us reduce loss in the stores by $40m in 6 months, FBP Store Operations where I lead the implementation of the beyond budgeting concept, moving stores away from budgets to only having high level targets, and FBP Store Services and Maintenance which saw me lead the negotiation of the maintenance contract as well as support bringing trolley collection at stores in-house
• Synlait Milk Ltd – leading the Financial Planning & Analysis team, I was responsible for all the budgeting and forecasting across the business. This included supporting the implementation of integrated business planning and rolling out forecasting across the organisation.
• Coupland’s Bakeries – CFO since Sept17 with a focus on process improvement, implementing forecasting within the business and capitalising on new business opportunities.