Chairman of Partners
Rainey Collins Lawyers
Peter is the Chairman of Partners at Rainey Collins Lawyers and leads the Māori law section of the Team. He provides specialist advice about Māori land, Māori land laws, Waitangi Tribunal claims, and the direct negotiation of historical Waitangi Tribunal claims with the Crown.
Peter represents numerous Māori clients and those wanting to do business with Māori. He also provides advice on Māori legal issues and post settlement matters including:
• Establishment of Post Settlement Governance Entity (PSGE) and any subsidiaries;
• Transferring of assets & obligations from existing entities to the new PSGE;
• Transferring cultural and commercial settlement redress assets from the Crown to the PSGE and any subsidiaries;
• Entering into any additional management or other arrangements agreed with the Crown and other groups required under the Deed of Settlement; and,
• Joint ventures for commercial and non-commercial projects.
He is the former Chairman of Te Awe Wellington Māori Business Network. In this role he worked closely with regional and national businesses and their networks.
Peter is the current Chairman of the New Zealand Riding for the Disabled Association Perpetual Members Trust and is a LINZ Approved Accredited Supplier for Treaty of Waitangi Claims and Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993.