Urban Development Capacity Conference
Planning, funding & managing sustainable urban development & growth
THE URBAN DEVELOPMENT CAPACITY CONFERENCE returns this year to highlight the importance of sustainable urban development and growth. The National Policy Statement on Urban Development Capacity (NPS-UDC) is in its first year of implementation, which brings challenges but great opportunities for new development. Join the experts to discuss the key impacts of the legislation, great case studies of effective growth and how we can help plan for sustainable development in NZ.
Why should you attend the Urban Development Capacity Conference this year?
- Hear regional case studies on effective urban growth
- Gain insights into key legislation impacting sustainable development
- Get face-to-face with key stakeholders and planners across NZ
- Share your views on what 'smart urban development' really means
Who shoud attend?
- Development Managers
- Policy Analysts
- Councillors & Board Members
- Property Developers
FEATURING SESSIONS ON:
- Impacts of the NPS-UDC
- Funding and facilitating infrastructure
- Towards national planning standards
- Insights into urban growth strategies nationwide
- Advocating for design led cities
KEYNOTE: Philippa Howden-Chapman, Director, NZ Sustainable Cities
REGIONAL CASE STUDIES FROM:
Western Bay of Plenty sub-region | Auckland Council | Queenstown Lakes District Council | Hamilton City Council
EXPERT INSIGHTS FROM:
Bell Gully | Property Council NZ | Housing NZ Corporation | NZ Productivity Commission | Chapman Tripp | Beca | Wasley Knell Consultants Ltd | HLC | Urban Planning & Design Ltd | Urban Economics | Auckland Transport | UrbanismPlus | Panuku Development | Giblin Group