STEAM Education Summit
A vision for new pathways of educating students in schools across New Zealand.
NATIONWIDE STRATEGIES FOR IMPLEMENTING STEAM IN SCHOOLS8 May 2018 | 9.00am - 5.00pm - SOLD OUT
11 May 2018 | 9.00am - 5.00pm - SOLD OUT
The future of the New Zealand education sector is to teach STEAM cohesively rather than individually. With some schools already implementing this approach and others not, this workshop is aimed at HODs, principals, curriculum leaders and anyone responsible to drive curriculum changes at their schools. Richard Rowley from The MindLab by Unitec, puts forward a hands-on workshop to help teachers develop 21st century teaching skills.
- Understanding what a STEAM focused curriculum looks like
- Gaining insight on effective pedagogy with hands-on activities
- Helping teachers to transition to a new curriculum
- Equipping teachers with the knowledge and tools to be able to teach to 21st century students
- Developing cross-curricular activities around STEAM
The post-conference workshop (11 May 2018) : "Nationwide strategies for implementing STEAM in schools" is now sold out.
The pre-conference workshop (8 May 2018) is now also sold out!