STEAM Education Summit
A vision for new pathways of educating students in schools across New Zealand.
9 - 10 May 2018Crowne Plaza, Auckland
NATIONWIDE STRATEGIES FOR IMPLEMENTING STEAM IN SCHOOLS11 May 2018 | 9.00am - 5.00pm
The future of the New Zealand education sector is to teach STEAM cohesively rather than individually. With some schools already implementing this approach and others not, this workshop is aimed at HODs, principals, curriculum leaders and anyone responsible to drive curriculum changes at their schools. Richard Rowley from The MindLab by Unitec, puts forward a hands-on workshop to help teachers develop 21st century teaching skills.
- Understanding what a STEAM focused curriculum looks like
- Gaining insight on effective pedagogy with hands-on activities
- Helping teachers to transition to a new curriculum
- Equipping teachers with the knowledge and tools to be able to teach to 21st century students
- Developing cross-curricular activities around STEAM
The STEAM post-conference workshop: "Nationwide strategies for implementing STEAM in schools" is now at capacity. If you're interested in attending a pre-conference workshop on this topic, please email your interest to email@example.com