The One Stop Update for the Accountant in Business (42nd Update)
While CIMA understands that accountants are faced with the challenge of making its core tasks of transaction processing, reporting and financial statement preparation more efficient and effective, they must also produce better MIS information and support to achieving business vision. At the same time, they also acknowledge that most organisations have a long way to go for finance personnel taking a collaborative approach toward supporting decision-making.(Improving decision-making in organisations, CIMA, 2009).
Add to this technological advancement such as automation and artificial intelligence, now is the time for all finance and accounting professionals to start thinking beyond the financials on how to add value as a true supporter of business vision and strategy.
This year’s One Stop Update for the Accountant in Business gives you all those quick updates for 2017-18 on tax, accounting standards, the economy, law and excel. More importantly, it goes beyond the updates and focusses on building strategic skills for finance professionals to equip them in a rapidly disruptive world to enable them to actively support business growth.
Why you cannot afford the miss the One Stop Update this October:
- CPD Hours: Gain up to 15 CPD hours over 2 days!
- Different learning formats:
- Practical, hands-on masterclasses for in-depth learning in each stream
- Case Studies, interviews, expert opinions, commentary and your favourite updates by your One Stop favourites
- City specific content:
- In Auckland – 2 specific learning tracks based on where you are in your career
- In Wellington – High-level plenary sessions to build you skills as the next finance leader
- City specific CFO Interviews to understand the C-suite perspective on growth, disruption and strategy
- Networking opportunities: Connect and network with your peers on during breaks and networking drinks!