The Office & PA Show 2018
New Zealand EA/PA of the Year
The highlight award of the evening. Entries for the New Zealand EA/ PA of the Year will recognise the pre-eminent individual who shows excellence in all areas.
Our highest award, winners can truly be regarded as the best of the best. Becoming a finalist or winner announces to your employer and to your profession, that you have reached the highest level in your chosen profession. You will have all of the skills required to effectively operate at board and executive level and communicate and operate in such a way that your impact on your organisation is consistently felt.
Entry details should provide detailed examples illustrating how the nominee excels at:
- Communications skills
- Sound business judgement
- Managing line and inter-departmental communications
- An excellent and productive working relationship with their boss(es)
- Managing confidentiality and privacy
- Providing support to their manager, ELT or board
- Being an Ambassador of excellence for their organisation
Submissions should include as much detail as possible and include one or more detailed testimonials from manager(s).
- You may enter yourself or nominate a colleague in your entry
- HR, Marketing, Sales, Operations or Finance teams may wish to nominate/enter
- Bosses and employers may enter a nomination (multiple entries for separate nominations from one organisation are accepted)
The PA Excellence in Travel Management Award
Recognising an individual responsible for managing the significant travel arrangements & budgets of a team or executive and which may include unusual or challenging conditions or circumstances.
PAs and EAs are trusted with large annual corporate travel budgets running into $100,000s. CEOs, Directors and ELTs trust their PAs to make significant decisions regarding flights, transfers, accommodation and meetings. They also expect these decisions to be made balancing both the needs of the traveler with ever-tighter corporate travel budgets. Once back, the PA is responsible for reconciling and reporting of the spend. Even more importantly, the EA/PA holds significant relationships with Corporate Travel and airline agencies which can elicit significant advantages to the organisation. Challenging circumstances or conditions may often arise whereby the EA/PA must exercise flexibility and adaptive decision-making.
This award showcases the EA/PAs business management skills with regards an organisation's travel and related spend.
Category submissions should include one or more of the following:
- How the entrant nominee successfully managed the travel and related activities of their executive or company/team, that may have involved unusual requirements (based on the individuals being booked for, the organisation and its requirements or in the face of special or unique circumstances).
- Examples where the entrant nominee has improved what was a current procedure or practice which has resulted in greater efficiency or reduced expenditure.
- Example where the entrant nominee was responsible for the negotiation of a new relationship (or re-negotiation) with a corporate travel provider, including details of the business benefit (financial & non-financial).
- A case study of a demanding business travel plan (perhaps containing special circumstances or that was required to be significantly altered on short notice) that was handled well.
- A business travel case study of successful crisis management by the entrant nominee.
- This award is predominantly concerned with business travel, however, an executive's significant personal travel planning may form part of a submission if the EA/PA was responsible for the arrangement of this travel as part of a wider business/support relationship.
Submissions should include as much detail as possible, for example budgets, travel plans, locations, time zones and their impact, significant event circumstances, and details on how interpersonal communication, coordination amongst interested parties, conflict resolution were required to create solutions.
- You may nominate yourself in an entry or nominate a colleague
- Employers, bosses, HR, Marketing, Sales & Finance teams are encouraged to nominate in an entry
- Travel companies and destination management companies are welcome to nominate an Executive Assistant client they work with
- Entry nominations must be for an EA/PA or Office Manager (or holding a similar job title)
Best Event Organised by a PA
Corporate meetings, AGMs through to client functions and Christmas parties – PAs organise them all. All types and scales of events are encouraged to enter – the event itself is the nominee as long as it has been arranged by a PA or team of Assistants. Judging will place particular emphasis on the brief, creativity and execution.
If you are a PA, EA or significant Office Manager then you belong to that group of professionals that are most responsible for organising corporate events, meetings and client/employee functions. Whether large or small, budgets are usually tight, the briefs sketchy, and more often than not, you're left to your own devices – however, the employer brand and reputation with clients & employees rests on the success of your event!
This award celebrates the individuals who make corporate events successful.
For this event, the EVENT IS THE NOMINEE.
Submissions should include details and supporting material on a successful event, including the objectives, challenges & setbacks, management of communications with decision-makers/budget holders, event budget, logistics and any promotional material produced.
Events of all scales and budgets are considered. Particular emphasis in judging will be given to entries that demonstrate creative thinking and/or impressive results compared to budget.
The nominated event may be an AGM, employee annual function, gala dinner, special client function, Christmas party, product launch, sales event or even an executive retreat.
The event MUST be organised by an EA/PA, Office Manager or someone fulfilling an Administrative or Support role. Events organised by a team from these groups of job titles may be entered.
- You may nominate an event that you or colleagues were involved in.
- Employers, HR, Marketing, Sales, Operations or Finance teams may wish to nominate/enter
- Events that were organised by both individuals and teams are able to be entered. A single, designated point of contact must be provided.
- PCOs, destination and travel companies are welcome to nominate an event.
Up & Coming Star PA of the Year
Nominations are open to recognise that Rising PA Star. Applicants must have only held their first PA position for 18 months or less.
This award is offered to recognise those real rising stars in an organisation. It is open to any nominee who has held a PA position(s) for the first time for a maximum of 18 months.
Successful entries will demonstrate how the nominated entrant consistently executes to a high level, is focused on the needs of their boss(es), manages internal and external communication professionally. He or she will be demonstrating a bright future in their chosen profession.
- You may enter yourself or nominate a colleague in your entry.
- If you mentor an up and coming PA star this is an ideal way to publicly recognise them
- Multiple nominations are allowed.
- Employers, bosses, HR, Marketing, Sales & Finance teams are encouraged to nominate.
New Zealand Office Manager of the Year
Office Managers are the unsung heroes of SME and Mid-sized NZ organisations – until now! This award recognises that one individual who demonstrates their single-handed, "multi-stringed bow" impact on virtually all areas of their organisation.
We all know that one individual in your organisation who you think “XYZ will fix it, will know, will sort it!” This award recognises that ONE individual in your organisation, without whom, it’d all fall to bits, at least for a while. The New Zealand Office Manager of the Year award is particularly important in the NZ landscape where the vast majority of companies are of a size that it is the ubiquitous Office Manager that is responsible for just about everything!
Nominations and entries in this category should detail the scope and breadth of responsibility of the entrant/nominee, including as much detail as possible, and detailing the impact that the individual has on the successful operations of the business.
- You may enter yourself or nominate a colleague.
- Multiple entries/nominations (for individuals from separate organisations) are allowed.
- Employers, bosses, HR, Marketing, Sales & Finance teams are encouraged to nominate.
New Zealand Receptionist of the Year
This award is dedicated to that one individual who has demonstrated their love, dedication and excellence in what can often be a position made for multi-taskers - "From Director of First Impressions" though to admin pool support.
Not all people are made equal to the task of fronting your organisation. This award recognises those that are exemplars in the role of Receptionist. They will be fantastic Ambassadors for their company, as well as effective administrators and multi-tasking support to many. Their customer focus and excellence will be consistently demonstrated.
As well as detailing all of the attributes that you believe make your nominee stand out from the crowd in the role of Receptionist, please provide the necessary detail, including examples and case studies, of how and why the nominee demonstrated their value to the team and organisation and why they should be considered New Zealand Receptionist of the Year. Please provide as much supporting documentation and testimonials as possible.
- You may nominate yourself or a colleague
- If you mentor an up and coming Receptionist star this is an ideal way to publicly recognise them
- Multiple nominations from the same organisation or multiple organisations are allowed.
- Employers, HR & Marketing teams are encouraged to nominate