#NZSOMO - 2020 New Zealand Social Media Forum
Leveraging social to deliver maximum engagement during times of crises and austerity
21 Oct 2020Ellerslie Event Centre, Auckland
- Looking at the global and local statistics around social media
- Reviewing algorithm changes on popular platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and how this affects your social media strategy.
- What will happen to social media as part of the marketing mix and advertising spend in a recessionary environment – what are smarter companies doing?
- Navigating the shifts in user demographics and behaviours across popular platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Discussing the impact of COVID-19 on social media and how social media activities have evolved during the #LockDown
- How to get the business outcomes out of using social media – what metrics matter, content strategies, and what type of content grows organisations
- How implementing a strong social media strategy can augment the overall CX efforts for your brand
- Integrating social media commerce into your wider e-commerce experience
- Working around people’s scepticism on being targeted/marketed to
- Discovering innovative ways to run ads and campaigns on social media
- How do you cut through all the noise, fake news and misinformation and ensure effective dissemination of factual information to your target audience?
- Innovation during times of crisis – the SNS tools that help prioritise news from trusted and official organisations
- Setting up systems to identify and protect your audience from scams and misinformation
- Discussing the role of the social media and communications team in getting messages across to the right people at the right time
Sharesies has used social media to engage, educate and empower a new generation of investors through their own 'Sharesies Share Club' community. Hear how Sharesies has managed to maintain a high level of engagement and integrity in their online community whilst constantly keeping users informed of important updates to come
Ryan 'The Lion’ has created AFQY with a purpose to provide an space for people to stay connected and to share ideas and stories without the doubt of manipulation or being sold to. Hear how he has managed to moderate this community to stay aligned to its purpose and learn which tools he has utilised to expand the AFQY community.
Personas are a vital first step in developing your content and social strategy. So, what exactly is a persona? How does it aid the creation of relevant content? And how do you create personas?
- Being brave, and how taking 'risks' pays off
- Harnessing the power of new technology and cross platform storytelling
- Remaining hungry and always innovating
- What you need before you start
- What they should do, and what you should keep doing yourself
- How to get the best out them when you're working together
- Knowing when to bail out
Over the last year Vodafone NZ has been testing and learning with topical moments across its core social channels. From live streaming Halloween and Valentine’s Day, to celebrating International Women’s Day on TikTok, and working with Instagram Influencers to tell the story of Free Data Nights over the Christmas break, Vodafone NZ sought to engage with its audiences in a new way. Hear some of the learnings that inform their strategy today.
Powered by unrivalled technology, GroupM enables agencies Ikon, Mediacom, Wavemaker and Mindshare to connect humans & technology to drive business outcomes. Through ‘mInsights’, their Audience Data Management Platform, with INCA, their Influencer Data Management Platform, GroupM have a unique view of NZ online behaviours and the ability to connect brands with online content creators. Technology is the conduit, and you are the content.