New Zealand School Leadership Forum
Effective leadership, management and governance for NZ’s future-focused schools
7 - 8 Dec 2017Crowne Plaza, Auckland
Change leadership in schools6 December 2017 | 9.00am - 12.30pm
Leading change is a critical skill for successful school leaders in today’s rapidly changing world. This half-day workshop will teach you how to promote a change mindset as a Principal or Senior Leader and to empower your team despite uncertainty.
• Understanding the difference between leading change and managing change
• Communicating the need for change and gaining buy-in
• Understanding the change cycle in regard to each group / individual impacted
• Prioritising goals within a realistic time frame
• How to strongly present change to inspire confidence in the outcomes
• Introducing a change management framework for schools
• Tools for managing apprehension and resistance
• Ways to empower team leaders, teachers, students and their families/ whanau
• Strengthening the benefits of change and presenting a win-win situation
• Reviewing the change process and adapting as necessary
Implementing teacher wellbeing programmes in your school6 December 2017 | 1.30pm - 5.00pm
Staff wellbeing is at the core of a successful and functional school with happy students performing to their potential. Society and behavioural issues, extra-curricular responsibilities and additional reporting required by the Ministry of Education have all put their toll on teachers and leaders. This half-day workshop presents a range of leadership tools, and wellbeing solutions which can be implemented to support teaching staff, prevent burn-out and to help retain talent in your school.
• The concepts of resilience and wellbeing
• What are the factors in teaching which cause most stress and burnout?
• How can these be tackled from a leadership perspective?
• Tools and techniques which can have immediate benefits for teachers’ wellbeing
• How to recognise and mitigate staff overload before it gets to burnout
• The neuroscience of wellbeing
• 7 factors of resilience
• Traps in the search of happiness and wellbeing
• Practical coping strategies for improving wellbeing