New Zealand BIM Conference
The next generation of building, maintenance and design processes
25 - 26 Oct 2017Grand Millennium, Auckland
An introduction to BIM for Facilities Management9.30am - 12.30pm
BIM has a lot of potential to positively impact facilities management but can leave managers wondering where to start. In this workshop delegates, will be taken through the creation of whole of life digital data centric workflows on a BIM project.
• Where to start – planning for BIM implementation.
• Introduction to data custodianship (defining, gathering, verification and re-use).
• Lessons learnt on how to engage with the NZ Metadata (shared data) Standards.
• Integrating multi-disciplinary integrated data rich digital models into existing asset/facility management systems.
• Building maintenance with BIM.
• Exploring the impact BIM can have on whole of life asset management