New Zealand BIM Conference 2018
The New Zealand BIM Conference 2018 held on the 29th and 30th of October, discussed the importance of collaboration in BIM projects. Increasingly, we are seeing collaboration in the AEC industry across the stakeholders involved in a project as well as creating opportunities for collaboration across technologies available to digitally document the built environment.
BIM is more than modelling; it is also the management of data and models offering opportunity for greater collaboration and understanding around the lifecycle of BIM. Harnessing the full capability gives insight into 4D and 5D and ongoing opportunities to create better buildings.
- Gain tips and tricks from case studies outlining best practice BIM
- BIM procurement
- IT and technology for the AEC industry
- Overcoming software silos
Highlights of the conference include:
- International keynote: An inside look into IT and technology for the AEC industry – Joe Banks, Director, BIMedge
- The role of BIM in the future smart city – Chris Vorster, BIM and Digital Engineering Leader NZ & Director, Arup | BIMwerx
- Establishing a powerful collaboration with the AEC industry, academia and government institutions – Mazharuddin Syed Ahmed, Teaching Staff, Ara Institute of Canterbury
- BIM procurement – Andrew Field, Manager – Auckland Project Management, Beca & Committee Member, BIM Acceleration Committee; Steve Ritchie, Regional Operations Manager, Hawkins, & Committee Member, BIM Acceleration Committee
- Redefining the way Jasmax designs, visualises and delivers – Tim Stephens, Digital Innovation Lead, Jasmax
- Case study: City Rail Link – Asem Zabin, BIM Manager, City Rail Link Project
Who was in attendance?
BIM Managers | Project Managers | Construction Professionals | Engineering Managers | Architects | Design Consultants
If you're keen to provide input for 2019's BIM conference, please contact Mili Goswami on email@example.com