Delivering Mental Health Transformation in New Zealand
Improving mental health access, equity and outcomes
4 - 5 Dec 2019Te Wharewaka Tapere, Wellington
The Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction has provided a once-in-a-generation
opportunity for change in the approach toward mental health and addiction in New
Zealand. This opportunity was embraced by the Government in their acceptance of
the Inquiry recommendations, as shown through the unprecedented investment in
mental health and wellbeing in the Budget earlier in the year.
Featuring leaders from across the spectrum of mental health services, sharing their
vision and plans, The Delivering Mental Health Transformation in New Zealand
Conference examines how to take forward the ambition and deliver practical
change in the lives of New Zealanders living with mental distress.
Gain practical insights following the Mental Health and Addition Inquiry on how to:
- Set your own organisational journey & vision on mental health and additiction
- Create a strategic vision around the recommended standards and Inquiry implementations
- Build from the ground up with synergy across the sector
- Strengthen personal identity and connection to community for Maori & Pacific Communities
Including specific case studies about:
- Building links between addiction, mental health and social disconnection
- Increasing diversion from criminal justice to mental health and addiction related pathways
- Building ongoing relationships with a new type of mental health patient
- Digital Health
- Patient Panel – get to know the other side
This event brings together innovators and thought leaders to build knowledge from the ground up, in order to create a vision for the future of mental health and addiction in New Zealand.