Medical Law & Ethics Forum
Providing health sector professionals with the latest medico-legal and ethical updates
The Medical Law and Ethics Forum was an opportunity to learn the latest updates in medico-legal issues faced by practitioners. It was a forum to discuss the pressures and key ethical considerations of the healthcare sector and an opportunity to network with experts and peers working in the health sector.
The 2018 event featured highlights from:
- Holly Hedley, Senior Associate, Buddle Findlay "Working with Enduring Power of Attorney (EPOA's) in the healthcare context - challenges and changes"
- Catherine Deans, Senior Solicitor, Claro "The DHB role in public health decisions"
- Iris Reauvcamp, Principal, Vida Law " The Mental Health Act - is it out of date from a human rights perspective?"
- Shaun Robinson, Chief Executive, Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand "Keynote: Suicide preventioon - having honest conversations"
- Stewart Jessamine, Director Protection, Regulation & Assurance, Ministry of Health "Medicinal Cannabis - Assessing the impacts of increased prescription of cannbidiol"
- Anna Tutton, Coroner, New Zealand Coronial Services "Coroners' update: Reporting after amendments to the Coroners Act 2006"