Māori Legal, Business and Governance Forum
Successful integration of Tikanga and business in a post-settlement environment
The 15th Annual Māori Legal, Business and Governance Forum brought together a range of Māori stakeholders and iwi to discuss the future in a post-settlement environment and the integration of Tikanga Māori into successful business strategy. Providing a combination of practical legal insight and thoughtful case studies of effective governance, the forum was a fantastic 2 days to discuss key issues in the post-settlement environment going forward.
Chaired by Linda Te Aho and Peter Johnston, who gave their own flavour to the event, there was an opportunity to discuss how to support and develop the Māori economy and protect inter-generational investment.
- Māori economic development PSGE case studies with David Tapsell, Harry Burkhart and Lana Ngawika
- The growing Māori economy - Dr Eruera Tarena from Te Tapuae o Rehua
- Turning mainstream 'on' in the post-settlement era - Ata Te Kanawa
- Growing Māori business in export - Martin Wikaira, MFAT
- Recognising rights and values in the Whanganui River - Jamie Ferguson
Here's what our delegates had to say about the event:
"Well run and organized conference. Really enjoyed it."
"Great organisation, food was great, and networking opportunities was an important factor as well."
"Nga mihi rawa atu"
"Great event overall! Well run and great communication in lead up and throughout. "