Insolvency and Companies Act Conference
Navigating insolvency and restructuring in a COVID-19 climate
15 Sep 2020Cordis, Auckland
Since the COVID-19 Alert Level 4 lockdown was announced on 25 March 2020, New Zealand businesses face unprecedented financial pressure, with many seeking advice and looking for options in relation to financial distress, either current or expected.
This Insolvency and Companies Act Conference focuses on various aspects of insolvency and turnaround processes, from receiverships and liquidations through to voluntary administrations and schemes of arrangements. Come along and being inspired by thought-provoking talks from a wide range of speakers to help your business maximise recovery and minimise losses.
This conference is a must for insolvency practitioners, restructuring professionals, regulators, lawyers, bankers, consultants, insurers and the wider business community.
Featuring sessions on:
- The future direction of the New Zealand economy, policies and guidance to lead NZ on the road back to recovery
- Status of regulation and insolvency in New Zealand
- Directors’ duties in times of crisis: What should you do, safe harbours and will your Directors and Officers Liability (D&O) insurance protect you?
- Reviewing the implementation of the Insolvency Practitioners Regulation Act (2019)
- Insolvency case law update
- Voluntary receivership and administration
- Trans-Tasman and cross border insolvency