Improving Wellbeing, Mental Health & Resilience in Education
Embedding student health at the core of education
27 - 28 Jul 2020Ellerslie Event Centre, Auckland
Following on from an exceptionally well-received conference in 2019, Improving Wellbeing, Mental Health & Resilience in Education returns in July 2020 with an agenda aimed at helping New Zealand schools ensure that they are exceeding when it comes to the overall wellbeing of their students, staff, and school communities.
Targeted at primary, intermediate and secondary schools, the 2020 conference will once again give crucial insights to help delegates build both student & staff resilience and wellbeing. Delegates will listen to and engage with peers, experts, and field leaders in student and staff wellbeing and mental health.
Improving Wellbeing, Mental Health & Resilience in Education will be their chance to learn the necessary skills, share ideas and ask the burning and important questions.
Delivering crucial insights to help you build student & staff resilience and wellbeing:
- Exploring and understanding how the human body reacts in different situations
- Addressing the barriers that limit access to education
- How to respond to and mitigate the effects of bullying and other forms of violence against students and staff
- Methods for ensuring an inclusive and understanding classroom and school community for those from religious, ethnic, and other minority groups
- How to ensure engagement and learning in a multi-lingual and multi-cultural classroom
- Clarifying a school’s responsibilities and duty of care under the law
- Finding the right balance for use of technology
- Improving understanding of complex and significant learning challenges
- Practical advice for the creation of student-focused AND staff-focused wellbeing programmes
- And more!
Who should attend:
- Principals, Assistant Principals and other members of education leadership teams
- Teachers and other staff that handle student pastoral care and wellbeing
- Staff responsible for monitoring staff health and wellbeing
- Staff responsible for the wellbeing and care of boarding and international students
- Psychologists, therapists and counsellors that work with students and teaching staff
Feedback from past delegates included:
I really liked the format. I was able to hear and engage with all speakers and didn't have to choose between speakers. The length of presentations was perfect.
Thanks for a fantastic conference. Really impressive and I learnt lots. The organisation was superb, very professional, food was great, staff helpful. All speakers were great.
Thoroughly enjoyed the conference and have already had worthwhile conversations with work colleagues about information from presentations. Thank-you. I would strongly recommend Conferenz conferences.
I came away feeling it had been really worthwhile use of my time and with several avenues to follow up on. Many thanks.
This conference had been postponed from its original date due to COVID 19. If you were already registered for the May event, your registration has been transferred to the July event and you do not need to do anything further. For further information please contact us on 09 912 3636.