Freight Futures 2030
Shaping New Zealand’s logistics and supply chain for a sustainable future
27 - 28 Aug 2018Pullman, Auckland
Optimising your sales and operations plans29 August 2018 | 9.00am - 5.00pm
Sales and Operations planning is a basic principle that, while critical to an efficient supply stream, can sometimes go overlooked in the most pressing discussions of the day. It’s easy to get caught up in the newest and most disruptive technologies poised to impact the supply chain - even when it comes to sales & operations.
Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) is probably the least understood aspect in Supply Chain Management. It provides the key communication links for top management to coordinate the various planning activities in a business. The main objective is to develop an overall business plan, which integrates various functional planning efforts, and if this is not integrated and working to a cross-functional plan, the business can fail.
The sales and operations workshop is designed keeping in view today’s managers and executives. The theory behind the why and also offers practical insights. This workshop will provide important visibility into the critical interactions between Sales, Marketing, Production and Finance.
- Understanding the parametres of sales and operations plans and how they integrate with the business plan
- Highlighting where sales and operations sits within your business and those involved
- Identifying key success factors for those involved – what makes sales and operations successful for your business?
- Providing visibility amongst the different departments involved and thus easing up your supply chain – how to achieve this?
- Maximising efficiency – keeping inventory levels on track so that demands are met
- Identifying the risks involved in sales and operations plans and how to mitigate them