Food Safety & Compliance Conference 2019
Meeting regulation, compliance and perception to deliver world-class safe, and high quality food
20 - 21 Mar 2019Ellerslie Event Centre, Auckland
Safe exporting: An in-depth exploration of export regulations22 March 2019 | 9:00am - 12:30pm
This workshop provides a detailed look into the exporting world. It focuses on the specific requirements not only for exporting from NZ but also how the food has to adhere to the regulations of NZ’s largest export markets. Learn how to create a successful and safe export programme which adheres to all regulations.
- Background and context to safety and food systems
- NZ regulatory framework - the agencies and the standards
- Export regulations and certification systems
- The consequences of the Food Act 2014 for exporting
- How to identify importing country requirements
- Specific topics including the differences in legislation between food, supplemented food and dietary supplements and the implications for exporting
Food labelling and regulation: Driving product development through new opportunities22 March 2019 | 1:30pm - 5:00pm
Labelling requirements are becoming more complex with many changes being driven by consumers, creating tensions between regulation and the consumers’ expectations of the right to know. This workshop brings to light some of the challenges with food labelling with requirements of natural and supplemented foods, ‘free from’ foods, health stars and myriad other obligations. Jane will help turn these challenges into opportunity, uncovering new possibilities to convey more value with your food.
- An overview of food labelling regulation
- Understanding what is regulatory, commercially obligatory and ‘nice to know’ for the consumer
- Delving into the mind of the consumer – what do they look for and what is reasonable to deliver
- Driving product development with labelling knowledge – how can you deliver a higher value product?