Food Safety & Compliance Conference 2018
Creating market access & competitive advantage through world-class safe food
This event united New Zealand's food producers & manufacturers and those involved in food preparation, packaging & distribution who put food safety and compliance as the top priority for consumers and wish to continue to update and review their processes to maintain exceptional standards.
As a country well-positioned to being the leading producer of high-quality, safe food for the world, ensuring a good and consistent understanding of regulations in place as well as the up and coming initiatives for food safety and security, are vital to ensuring the quality of our foods remains high.
Highights from the March 2018 event included:
- Professor Nigel French, Professor of Food & Science, Massey University focused on maintaining New Zealand's global reputation for best food safety & outcomes
- Greg McCullough, Group Director - Food Safety and Quality, Fonterra discussed cultivating trust, inside and out: the responsibility of delivering safe, quality food to NZ and the world
- Ciska de Rijk, Associate, Principal, Essence Compliance discussed the importance of clean labelling and the fact that consumers are requiring more and more accurate information on products
- Antoinette Laird, Head of External Relations, Foodstuffs NZ tackled crisis management with good advice for handling product recalls and similar urgent situations
- Justin Wilson, Compliance Manager, Bakels Edible Oils talked on global food safety - compliance, market access and reaching international standards for trade
A big thank you to our exceptional Chair - Victoria Hamilton, Director, Vicki Hamilton and Associates & Corporate Affairs Manager, Mars NZ
We look forward to building on the success of the 2018 summit to bring you an even bigger and more in-depth Summit in 2019