Tools to achieve safe and efficient fleet management
“Moving our freight and people as safely and efficiently as possible, is vital to speeding up economic growth” – Hon. Shane Jones, Associate Transport Minister
Road death and crash statistics are rising every year and the safety of the New Zealand freight fleet is under increasing scrutiny. This has led to the growth of fleet safety measures across the freight and supply chain industries, including light vehicle fleets and passenger vehicles.
The Fleet Safety Conference provided a unique and important forum for safety professionals and fleet managers from across New Zealand to come together. The event explored the challenges of improving the safety of New Zealand's fleet and reviews a broad range of best practice case studies and technical solutions.
The conference featured insights on:
- Monitoring driver fatigue and behaviour
- Case studies focusing on the organisational implementation of fleet safety programs
- Health and safety regulations, compliance and accountability for fleet safety
- Worker mental health and its impact on productivity
- EV and HFC vehicle safety
- Change leadership and engagement