Driving a transformation roadmap through organisational structure and culture
17 Mar 2020Grand Millennium, Auckland
Registration and coffee
Welcome from the Chair
International keynote: Driving a transformative culture through Asia | Arcadis’ digital transformation journey that is reshaping Asia
- Accelerating digital transformation through the Asian region
- Highlighting the journey for Arcadis this far and the road that lies ahead
Penny Murphy, Head of Digital Transformation, Asia, Arcadis
International keynote: Modifying business models to drive digital transformation in the organisation | Johnson & Johnson
- Creating a roadmap for Johnson & Johnson’s dx journey – what is involved?
- Delivering products and services keeping the customer in mind – how is Johnson & Johnson achieving this being a business that supplies to other businesses?
- Understanding the role dx plays in aiding with Johnson & Johnson’s vision of becoming the leading consumer healthcare company
Richa Goswami, Global Head of Digital, Johnson & Johnson
Leading a DX strategy in an organisation | Insight into a top-down led strategy
- Looking into the characteristics of a digital leader – how does a successful leader take charge?
- Encouraging collaboration amongst teams to undergo a transformation – moving away from the traditional siloed organisational structure
- Collating and sifting through the data to drive decisions that affect the organisational transformation
ORGANISATION & CULTURE: Case study: Driving a transformation culture | Z
- Understanding what a transformative mindset looks like
- Showcasing the digital transformation journey - what have the outcomes been and how is Z building on them
- Looking into the next steps - what is Z doing to keep on top of its game
Mandy Simpson, Chief Digital Officer, Z
DATA & ANALYTICS: Case study: Building a data driven organisation | Kotahi Logistics
- Scaling innovation using data – how is Kotahi Logistics achieving this?
- Looking into the technologies Kotahi Logistics is using to capture data – what amount of information are they sourcing?
- Analysing and using the data and using it to drive business decisions
ORGANISATION & CULTURE: Case study: Adopting the Agile approach in an organisation| House of Travel
- Understanding the driving force behind the move to Agile – what do organisations need to know to move to an Agile approach
- Highlighting what a full-scale adoption of Agile looks like – how does this transform the workplace as a result
- Benefits of the Agile approach in a digital world
Mark Leadbetter, Director of IT, House of Travel
DATA & ANALYTICS: You’ve got the power | What to and not to do with your data
- Understanding the role data plays in dx
- Putting parameters to protect the data – minimising security breaches
- Enabling practices for the safe use of data
- Turning data into actionable insights
ORGANISATION & CULTURE: Encouraging a (digital) growth mindset | A look at organisational structure
- Looking into the impact on an organisation, when a digital leader takes charge
- Encouraging communication and collaboration between teams and stakeholders – are they working towards the same outcome?
- What does an ‘onwards and upwards’ policy look like for an organisation?
DATA & ANALYTICS: Data security | Understanding the implications of data privacy
As organisations grow, there are a number of ways the organisation gathers and collect data. This session discusses what the implications are for organisations in New Zealand, around the legalities of using their data.
- Putting processes in play to ensure the safe use of data
- Protecting the organisation as well as the consumer data that is being collected – differentiating between usable and non-usable data
- Shedding light on the regulations in New Zealand that protect the use of data
Laura Littlewood, Partner, Bell Gully
CUSTOMER & CONNECTIVITY: Case study: From analogue to digital - how did they transform? | Gough Cat’s strategy to becoming digital
- Mapping the transformation process – where are we now and where do we want to be?
- Implementing the actions required to undergo the digital transformation journey
- Highlighting the changes in operations as a result of the transformation – a look into efficiencies
Darren Sandford, GM Customer Experience, Gough Cat
TECHNOLOGY & PLATFORM: Legacy systems to modern technology | Organisational strategies to evolve platforms
- Creating a roadmap of moving from legacy systems to implementing modern technologies – where does the organisation start?
- Personalising the journey – moving away from a ‘one size fits all’ thinking
- Where to from here – looking at the next steps once the technology transformation has been executed
Sean Bishop, Chief Digital Officer, Chapmann Tripp
CUSTOMER & CONNECTIVITY: Getting chatty with it | Moving beyond chatbots
- Looking into what’s next for AI, machine learning and more – what do organisations need to keep on top off
- Delving in to challenges that chatbots pose (security, human connection) and providing solutions
- Understanding the role AI, machine learning and other technologies play in your organisation
TECHNOLOGY & PLATFORMS: Developing New Zealand's leading online investment marketplace
- New Zealand's investment landscape and the transition to digital platforms
- Developing a platform for investors and companies – and how to tailor the experience for each audience
- Striking the balance between 'online' and 'offline' in the capital markets space
CUSTOMER & CONNECTIVITY: Aligning online practices to take your customer through the online journey
- Highlighting the traits of an online customer – what are they looking for?
- Providing a seamless online and offline experience – how can organisations achieve this?
Damon Pezaro, Chief Product Officer, Prospa
TECHNOLOGY & PLATFORM: Enabling an enterprise wide approach to transforming outcomes through data and technology
- Getting the organisation involved in providing input on outcomes and the role technology and data plays in achieving this
- Aligning the organisation’s outcomes with the employees’ outcomes – what barriers exist and how can these be bridged?
- Combining data and technology to understand the ‘story’ consumers are telling the organisation – what is it that consumers want and how can the organisation provide the solution
International keynote: Future-proofing Organisations in an age of tectonic disruptions
- ‘Megatrends’ set to affect all industries
- Organisational responses to future-proofing business
- The Deakin journey and lessons learnt implementing digital change
William Confalonieri , Chief Digital Officer, Deakin
Closing keynote: Driving digital transformation of Brisbane’s economy
- Showcasing the hurdles involved with driving a city’s digital transformation – what were the solutions to overcome them?
- Getting residents and businesses involved in this journey
- Where is Brisbane in its journey now – what lies ahead?
Cat Matson, Brisbane’s Chief Digital Officer & Head of Brisbane Innovate, Brisbane Marketing
Summary remarks from the Chair and close of conference