NZ Construction & Civil Industries Summit
Comprehensive and practical insights driving industry wide solutions
20 - 21 Jun 2018Ellerslie Events Centre, Auckland
MBIE's National Construction Pipeline Report 2017 predicts that residential, commercial and infrastructure building activity will continue to boom, possibly to peak at over $42 billion in 2020.
The NZ Construction & Civil Industries Summit addresses the impact of the construction boom and brings industry experts together to find the opportunities to maximise efficiency, enhance collaboration and excellence in the civil industries to drive the future of construction in New Zealand.
We bring together thought-leaders and key stakeholders in the New Zealand construction and civil sectors to discuss the current challenges in the sector and how to leverage these to build a better New Zealand.
Focusing on key issues such as feeding the labour pipeline for future construction workers, industry solutions through innovation and collaboration and how to increase efficiency within the sector, we will bring you face to face with those leading the solutions to the current challenges grappling New Zealand.
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Professor Andrew Harris, Director - Engineering Excellence Group, Laing O'Rourke, Australia
International Keynote: Strategies driving engineering excellence to benefit the civil industries
Dr Andrew Harris reveals some of the strategies being employed at the Engineering Excellence Group,
effecting positive change and enhancing the prestige of the engineering profession. Featuring case study
examples of new innovations and progressive initiatives that New Zealand organisations can access and benefit from.
- Introducing the Industry Transformation Agenda - Chelydra Percy, CEO, BRANZ
- Reform proposals being put to government to benefit the industry: Geoff Hunt, President McConnelll Group & Chair, Construction Strategy Group
- Panel: Mitigating the skills shortage, finding and retaining talent
- Engineering technologies influencing and enhancing the future of construction
- Regulation updates - Nick Gillies, Partner & Alison Maelzer, Special Counsel, Hesketh Henry
- Leaders' Panel: Analysing micro trends, opportunities and threats
- Project Managers' Panel: Enhancing productivity throughout the industry
- Investigating models of funding to accelerate construction
Mark the date in your calendar now and stay tuned for updates to the agenda.