Back Office Transformation
Optimising back-office tasks to create efficiencies for organisations
- Analysing the rise of robotic process automation and exploring its current application at Telstra
- What are the current limitations for RPA technology and its implementation?
- What is the potential impact for organisations as RPA technology develops, including how this may affect jobs and the workforce?
- Gaining clarity on the lowest hanging fruit ripe for transformation
- Exploring a practical insight into what is really possible through automation
- What is the real potential for business process streamlining through robotic process automation (RPA) and machine learning (ML)?
- How to recognise potential applications for AI and machine learning and where to start?
- Analysing a sound approach to initiating an AI project: Strategy, research, ROI, disruption and integration
- Risk management: How to optimise available technologies while considering the future potential for AI
- Analysing ways that automation can be successfully integrated alongside legacy systems
- How to manage a staged, incremental approach to business process automation
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of re-platforming
- What are the real business benefits we are seeing and can expect, initiated by the latest technological advances and impacting the accounting function, payroll, tax and auditing functions?
- How can businesses best prepare for the transformation?
- Analysing the role of the future accountant, auditor and bookkeeper
- How RPA is driving a race to competitive advantage by transforming the back office in the banking sector
- Understanding approaches to transformation while working with legacy systems
- Mitigating data sovereignty risk associated with software as a service
Assessing the digital strategy for change driven by the need to optimise the customer experience and its link to back-office tasks
How we are leveraging RPA technologies
Exploring the link between the customer experience and strategic back office optimisation
Blockchain is poised to sectors, revolutionise and disrupt many industries and sectors but many leaders are blind to the opportunities which may arise from blockchain. This session will open your eyes to the potential for blockchain in the back office.
In this case study, Hawke’s Bay Regional Council reports on the workflow automation journey since implementing Nintex four years ago.
- Insights into the software selection process
- Analysing the business benefits since implementation and do they align with the original strategy?
- How to prioritise functions for automation based on simple ROI
- Maintaining a two-way vendor relationship to enable further transformation
In this session we hear several business process improvements which have significantly improved process efficiency at Bartercard.
- What was the driver for seeking change to internal processes at Bartercard?
- How Bartercard digitised paper-based workflows to save time and money
- What other back office improvement initiatives have been put in place, or are on the horizon?
- Current New Zealand market adoption
- Marketing messages and global benefit claims
- Common pitfalls and mistakes
- Determinants of successful RPA programmes
- Ensuring benefit realisation and effective measurement
- What are the practical opportunities for AI, cognitive computing and machine learning in creating efficiencies and optimising back office processes and functions?
- Examining the case for ‘augmented intelligence’ over ‘artificial intelligence’
- Identifying misconceptions of what AI will do for the business back office
Re-imagining business processes is a prerequisite for any transformation and it begins with effective mapping of current processes to enable re-design. In this session we gain an overview of a practical, yet simple and powerful process re-design framework along with a recent New Zealand case study to illustrate its success.
- Making a case for automation
- Selecting a vendor; How to drill down on service; what will we be getting in terms of service delivery’?
- An overview of the implementation stages
- Analysing results and measuring impacts of the investment
- Understanding reticence to change and the barrier this presents to adopting latest technologies and hindering digital transformation
- How an agile culture aligns with continuous business improvement for the back office
- How can employees be prepared and supported to re-skill and adapt to new roles in the organisation?