The Associations & NFP Summit
The most important event in NZ for membership, representative and NFP sector organisations
Workshop 1: Growing a sustainable community - Practical guidelines26 February 2020 | 9.00am - 12.30pm
This workshop will explore key challenges and opportunities communities are facing today. Based on 30 years running and advising communities, Bussemaker will share his experience with the workshop delegates to address the specific issues in their own community.
- What works and doesn’t work (anymore)?
- How to keep your community fresh and interesting?
The workshop will share real live examples and present practical advice based on a framework derived from personal experience. Delegates are encouraged to raise their specific questions prior to the workshop to allow these to be addressed in the best possible manner.
Business Community Builder & D1G1T4L CONN3CTOR (Netherlands)
Workshop 2: New financial reporting framework for Incorporated Societies26 February 2020 | 1.30pm - 5.00pm
Fundamental changes to the Incorporated Societies Act 1908 on financial reporting will soon have a direct, and often fundamental, impact on the financial reporting of Incorporated Societies. In May 2019, the Government agreed to make a number of changes to the Incorporated Societies Bill before it is introduced to Parliament later this year. The 1908 Act will modernise the financial reporting and audit requirements for all Incorporated Societies. There is likely to be no impact to Incorporations which are also Registered Charities, who have already transitioned through such requirements.
In this workshop you will learn and understand:
- Key changes in the Bill to financial reporting
- Learn the ‘bright-line’ thresholds
- Review and understand requirements of reporting on ‘Service Performance’
- Workshop key practical aspects of complying with the new requirements
- Learn the ‘fishhooks’ and common errors that Charities experienced
- Obtain a model template for us on your own Society
This workshop is targeted for those individuals working with Incorporated Societies with annual expenditure of in excess of $100,000 p.a. that are not registered charities.