The Agile and Adept Management Accountant
Automating, improving and innovating the finance function and reporting
13 - 14 Feb 2019Crowne Plaza, Auckland
Power BI: Analysing and visualising data 1019.00am - 4.30pm
How Big data can help your business. Self-service business intelligence. Data visualisation for easy snapshots. Real-time analytics.
So much data and so many buzz words, but what does it all mean? As data gets easier to come by, we find ourselves with more data than we know what to do with and need to analyse it quickly and effectively. We don’t have time to wait for the data scientists to come back with a robust report, we need answers now.
This workshop will introduce you to Microsoft’s Power BI tool for analysing and visualising data, bringing business intelligence capabilities into your hands. In this hands on workshop, you will explore the capabilities of Power BI and discover how it can help your company get real insights and valuable information from your data.
How Big Data Can Help Your Business
- Import data from a variety of sources
- Detect relationships between tables within our data
- Ask questions about your data – and get an answer instantly
- Discover, combine and shape data from multiple data sources
- Clean up source data
- Perform basic calculations to gather additional insight from your data
Data visualisation for Easy Snapshots
- See your data in new ways with bold interactive visualisations with Power BI
- Filter your data to focus on exactly what you want
- Map data to analyse relationships
- View and share your data from any device
- Drill-down into the information that matters to you
- Refresh your data to ensure the latest information is displayed