Advancing Digital & IT Law
The latest legal developments and an examination of how law and regulation must meet the challenge of fast-paced tech and digital innovation
25 - 26 Nov 2019Crowne Plaza, Auckland
Workshop 1: Is data recyclable? How to do more while enabling greater privacy protection measures27 November 2019 | 9.30 – 12.30
Retrieving, saving and making use of data is becoming increasingly common across New Zealand businesses. In this engaging workshop, you will learn about what can be done with data, while ensuring security of sensitive information.
- What are the legal requirements for retention of data?
- For what purposes can you make use of data?
- To what extent is further data utilisation feasible while still enabling protection and compliance with law?
- What are the legal requirements for disposal of data?
- Outlook: Domestic and global legal landscape regulating data and privacy
Workshop 2: Dispute resolution in the digital and IT sector27 November 2019 | 1.30 – 5.00
This workshop will be relevant to all stakeholders involved in IT projects and is designed to help them gain a practical insight into managing disputes as they arise to best ensure a successful project.
- Gain a competitive edge by exploring different methods of dispute resolution
- Learn how to determine the most suitable option for your project
- Learn practical skills to assist you navigate the dispute resolution processes
- Explore how to create fair outcomes for all involved parties
- Understand the costs and time associated with each option
- Look into post-dispute stage – what happens afterwards?