The 4th New Zealand Future Farms Conference
Equipping and inspiring the next generation of rural decision makers.
- 14 - 15 Mar 2017
- Download Brochure
Future Farms 2017 was a great event, highlighting the passion of those in the rural sector. With the support of Federated Farmers, there was a high proportion of farmers in the audience, eager to discuss the future opportunities for the sector to grow and develop. The theme of equipping and inspiring the next generation of farmers was strong thoughout the two days with discussions on governance and succession planning, precision agriculture, the consumer of food, and the growing support for leadership throughout the rural sector.
Future Farms 2017 offered insights into:
- Food and the future of farming
- Precision agriculture and tech adoption
- Weathering volatility and uncertain economies
- A cross-sector look at success and best practice
- The future opportunities for hill farming
- Ian Proudfoot talking on agrifood and the impact of the consumer
- Roger Dalrymple's enthusiasm for on-farm systems
- Malcolm Bailey's forecasting of New Zealand as the next 'silicon valley'
- Jon Manhire highlighting the importance of sustainability
Stay tuned for information about the next rural event 'Marketing to the Rural Sector' and for the next edition of Future Farms, returning to inspire New Zealand's farmers.