The 45th One Stop Update for the Accountant in Business
Enabling adaptability for the finance professional in the business environment
Explore the effects that Brexit and other geopolitical shifts are having for businesses in New Zealand, including:
- Outcomes so far due to Brexit and China-United States Trade War
- Geopolitical events and international trade agreement upheavals challenging New Zealand businesses
- What will the most probable effects be in the coming years and how can organisations prepare for them?
Join Tony as he discusses the latest and biggest movements on the economic and business landscapes in New Zealand.
- Current and developing domestic risks that businesses need to be aware of
- Upcoming business and financial policy announcements and changes and how these will affect the NZ economic climate
A review of the findings and final recommendations of the Tax Working Group and how these will affect the balance and structure of the tax system over the next decade.
An overview of the most recent and upcoming developments in taxation that apply to businesses, including:
- GST developments including the upcoming implementation of online GST collection laws
- Inland Revenue’s ongoing transformation and simplification of the taxation system
- An overview of legislative changes including:
- Employment Relations Amendment Bill 2018
- Employment Relations (Triangular Employment) Amendment Bill
- Privacy Bill
- Recent developments in pay equity, equal pay and collective bargaining agreements
- Upcoming changes to the leave entitlements including upcoming Paid Parental Leave changes
Making it easier to do business with smoother, secure invoicing–NZBN enabled e-Invoicing
- The New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) is enabling e-Invoicing to help smooth business transactions and save businesses even more time and money, both locally and globally
- A look at what the NZBN is, the planned roadmap and key dates for e-Invoicing, and how your business can take advantage of these new business opportunities
- Methods for building and nurturing successful agile accounting teams
- Proactive agile innovation and its role in maximising business potential
- Top tips for avoiding the most commonly encountered pitfalls
- Telltale signs of and proactive ways to counter
- employee fraud, customer fraud and loss in the supply chain
- Ways to encourage and better manage whistle blowing
- How to prevent a toxic work environment from developing during a fraud investigation
- How #metoo and recent cases of workplace impropriety are changing expectations of workplace ethics
- Subtle methods of fostering office culture change and gaining buy-in from staff
- Rebuilding office trust and redefining ethics standards when set expectations have been breached
- How technology will and already is changing the finance and accounting scene
- Extended external reports and the role they play in sustainability planning decisions
- Biggest business challenges and how the role has changed
- Assisting with growth achievement through supporting board decisions
- What skill sets do CFOs value and how can you upskill?
- New IFRS accounting standards and amendments effective for 2019 year-ends.
- Other recently approved IFRS accounting standards and amendments.
- Current accounting standards in development
- An overview of what the Taskforce has recommended to date
- If implemented, how will these proposals affect businesses?
- What steps can be taken now to provide for a smooth implementation of any changes to the Holidays Act
- Identifying the data sets and measurements that best reflect the actual status and value of a business
- Cost effective integrated reporting – ways to make it a team effort, where to source the required data and tools that can assist with creating the report
- Driving long term value generation through extended external reports
- A critique of the ‘best practices’ – both locally and globally
- What is the “shift left” concept and how can it be applied to financial systems
- Exploring how this thinking can improve efficiency and engagement
- Using “shift left” thinking to uncover errors in accounting faster
- Applying these principals to pay day filing
Join Kirk Hope in a discussion focusing on key regulatory changes affecting businesses in New Zealand, and how these could affect the accounting and finance professional.
- Methods for efficiently storing, organising and analysing data
- Techniques on how to get the most out of Excel
- Exploring PowerBI’s the ability to analyse and summarise trends
- Using PowerBI to give better visual representation to collected data
- Important recent and upcoming updates for Excel and PowerBI
- Advice on creating opportunities for beneficial downtime outside of work
- Techniques for reducing anxiety and stress, taking control and improving your mental well-being
- Strategies for the moulding the work environment and culture to improve the well-being and productivity of all employees