31st Annual Industrial & Employment Relations (IER) Summit
The latest legal developments to help you protect your organisation
In 2017 IER featured employment and industrial relations issues facing today's HR Practitioners, including
- Understanding changes to the Employment Relations Act
- Ensuring compliance with the Holidays Act
- Workplace bullying
- Safe handling of medical incapacity
- Good faith Collective Bargaining
- Employers’ rights managing online misconduct and social media
- Building and executing a plan for redundancy
- Preventing and dealing with data breaches
- Due- diligence and pre-employment checks
- Successfully taking advantage of 90 day trials
We featured two fantastic Keynote Speakers:
- Professor Peter Gahan, Director, Centre for Workplace Leadership - Peter Gahan is the founding Director of the Centre for Workplace Leadership and Professor of Management at the University of Melbourne. Peter has a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) (UNSW) and PhD (Melb) in Economics and Industrial relations. He has previously held academic positions at University of Southern California, Monash, UNSW and The European University Institute, Florence. Peter was also Director of Workplace Innovation in Industrial Relations Victoria from 2001-2004. He has published widely on the areas of management and leadership, high performance work systems, workplace innovation, employment relations, HR and organisational performance, and the economic and social consequences of labour market regulation.
- Jason Tuck, National HR Manager, Employment Relations, Countdown Supermarkets - Jason has a business degree combined with over 25 years Human Resources and Employment Relations Management experience. During his career he has utilised his skills and experience in the Public Health and Housing sectors, for NGO’s and well known New Zealand companies such as Carter Holt Harvey, Air New Zealand, Ports of Auckland and more recently Countdown. His objective within each business has been to develop Human Resource and Employment Relations strategies that align with the strategic goals and direction of the organisation, build management competence and add bottom line value.
Join us again in March 2018 for HR's premier Industrial and Employment Relations Summit!