2019 NZ Digital Identity Summit
Privacy | Trust | Transparency | Frameworks | Digital Futures
16 Oct 2019Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington
Andrew Weaver, Executive Director, Digital Identity NZ
• Where is NZ on the digital identity journey?
• What is unique about NZ’s digital identity?
• What are the objectives we would like to achieve as a sector?
David Birch, Digital Identity Thought Leader (UK)
• What is the future of authentication and standards?
• Lessons from abroad and how we can apply these to New Zealand
• Collaboration and insights sharing – how can we work closer together to create cohesive opportunity
• Where is the value?
In these collaborative and interactive roundtable discussions, network with experts and peers to collaborate and cocreate opportunities for Digital Identity within New Zealand. Attendees will get to pick two roundtables to attend as they are run twice.
Potential Topics could include
• Use of incubator models for creating DI innovations
• Bringing customers along on the journey
• Does a government mandated identity result in abetter uptake
• Operating within a marketplace model
• Collaboration and communication
• NZ demographics and uptake of digital identity services
• Standards and regulations
Jon Duffy, Assistant Commissioner, Policy and Operations, Office of the Privacy Commissioner
- What characteristics of NZ business allow us to be transparent with data use?
- What do New Zealander’s really want when it comes to data privacy
- Finding the balance – how can we move digital identity along without compromising personal security?
Emma O’Connell, Policy, Standards and Regulations Lead – Digital Identity Transition Programme,, Department of Internal Affairs
- Progress on trust frameworks and the registration and deregistration of trusted providers
- Security and privacy for citizen data – ensuring sovereignty of personal data
- Defining the role of government within the digital identity framework
Dave Corbett, Chief Executive Officer, Centrality FinTech
Frith Tweedie, Digital Law Leader, EY Law
- Is there such a thing as a ‘holy grail’ solution for Digital Identity in New Zealand?
- What frameworks need to be implemented
- What is New Zealand’s identity and how does this link to our digital future?
Moderated by: Andrew Weaver, Executive Director, Digital Identity NZ