2019 IT Architecture Forum
Aligning business, technology, customer and product in a digital age
10 - 11 Sep 2019Hilton Hotel, Auckland
Representative from Cyma
- Exploring how the changing geopolitical landscape is affecting New Zealand business
- What are the threats, trends and key issues New Zealand businesses are facing?
- How could this impact on the role of the technology architect in New Zealand?
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is exploring space for the betterment of humanity on Earth. In this presentation we will discuss the organisation’s history, major milestones over the past eight years of space exploration and how digital technology plays an increasing role. Case studies will include Mars exploration, Europa (Jupiter’s ice moon) and asteroid detection; and how the develop of technology enables ‘ever increasing leaps’ in the exploration of space. In addition, we will overview how space exploration helps humanity here on earth.
- What does each business area require from their architecture team?
- What does good governance look like in a scalable and Agile world?
- How technology architects can work more collaboratively with other areas to help an organisation achieve better outcomes? (e.g. UX design teams)
Lauren Percy, Head of Architecture, Kotahi Logistics | Further panellists to be confirmed
- What is the greatest implementation challenge you face as a technology architect?
- What in your view is essential to help a technology architect work more collaboratively across teams and create better outcomes?
How to work collaboratively to build on the organisation’s strengths
• Taking into account the needs of the business in building capability
• The expectations of scalability and business flexibility to support customer centric outcomes
- Understanding your 'why' to deliver better solutions and allowing customers to trust you
- Why keeping your customers experience central to your solutions is vital
- How and why you should be brave, empathetic and genuine in all aspects of your solution delivery
- Where does technology fit in the innovation space?
- The importance of understanding the drivers of technology users before developing the technology
- What is the best process to get out of the box innovative ideas implemented?
Warren Davies, Enterprise Architect, Auckland Council
- Why EA is still an integral core part of business success and strategy in the digital age
- Defining the function and challenges of the EA role and how these can be easily understood by the rest of the organisation
- How the increase in technology is providing a greater need for effective governance
- Creating the tool box for architects to deliver effective architecture that is fit for purpose
- Looking into the recent legislative and case law changes
- How does this impact system design and development?
- What are the recent breaches and case studies in New Zealand to be aware of?
- Looking into case studies and trends from overseas
- Outlining the security threats modern architects need to be aware of
- Managing privacy at all layers and recognising threats through the supply chain, data processing to the end user
- Architecting for the human factor – designing systems when human error is still the biggest threat
- Integrating security into architecture to align with business growth, rather than needing a solutions approach
- Clarifying the concepts behind blockchain technology and it’s applicability to different industries
- Articulating use-cases and potential disruptive impacts to legacy services and products
- Identifying the risks related to security and the impact in risk management
- How do architects fit in that style of working and governance?
- Is there a hybrid approach of Agile and waterfall to apply to longer term projects?
- Understanding your organisational culture and how to adapt Agile successfully
- Factoring governance into your frameworks to ensure functional decision governance
- The art of building effective business capability models and how to use them
- Defining effective governance principles in a fast moving technology landscape and Agile delivery teams
- How to develop an effective cloud strategy
- What can architects do to ensure that the business can consume insights from application analytics?
- How to develop an effective integration strategy
- What are good approaches to experimentation with AI and Blockchain technology that can inform architecture decisions?
- The effect company culture has on effective implementation of IT architectural systems
- How to navigate different types of organisational culture
- Strategies for getting the processes and culture right
- Building relationships across business units and creating collaborative project teams
- Learning to communicate your message effectively in easy to understand relevant terms for each department
- Redefining governance to have the flexibility to evolve rapidly in response to changes in the technology and business environments