2019 Corporate Affairs and Communication Leaders' Summit
Leading the voice of an organisation in the digital, complex & politicised world
19 - 20 Aug 2019Crowne Plaza, Auckland
Structuring flexible crisis communications strategies for the digital and automated age21 August 2019 | 9am-5pm
As we are all aware, every crisis is different and requires a tailored response on the nature and level of the event. While it is impossible to prepare a strategy for all eventualities, it is possible to create a strategy structure flexible and adaptable enough to build upon for most eventualities.
Whether it be a natural disaster, a business interruption or something else, how an organisation reacts following a crisis can have a wide-ranging effect on both its business and the public’s perception of it.
This workshop will help your team and you:
- Realise the impact that being caught unprepared and without a prepared strategy and response can have for an organisation
- Understand the different types of crisis and what kind of events are in each
- Create strategies that will help see you through the first few days of each type of crisis
- Achieving organisational leadership input and commitment to crisis strategies
- Focus on factors that are in your control and how to mitigate those that aren’t
- Identify and prioritise the communication channels that will have the widest impact on public perception
- Planning for whom the most appropriate spokespeople will be for each type of crisis