2018 Safety 360
2018 Safety 360 > 2018 Occupational Health Summit
2018 Occupational Health Summit
Practical and technical insights to reduce and eliminate the occurrence of work-related injuries and diseases
28 Mar 2018Ellerslie Event Centre, Auckland
· Exploring the three intervention studies targeting agricultural, construction and vehicle collision repair workers exposed to pesticides, silica, and solvents.
· Understanding the purpose, use and expected outcomes of the research
· Insights into the research process and data collection methods
· What are the key findings to date?
- What are the known health risks of radiation?
- What preventative measures should be taken to minimise this risk?
- How to deal with past exposure and effectively monitor future exposure
· Concepts of culture or climate
· Challenges in measuring safety culture: research perspective
· Reflections on concepts of safety culture and climate in practice
· Exposing the health risks of noise in the workplace
· How to minimise risks and protect employees
· Staff monitoring and reporting procedures
· Understanding the current requirements for air quality monitoring
· What are employees’ rights with regards to monitoring?
· Common issues, barriers and solutions to effective health and exposure monitoring
· Understanding the latest technologies and science in air quality monitoring
· What are the known health risks of silica dust?
· What preventative measures should be taken to minimise this risk?
· How to deal with past exposure and effectively monitor future exposure
· What are some of the key health issues encountered through poor ergonomics?
· What ergonomic improvements can be implemented in the office and other common work environments
· How to work smarter for optimal health