The 2017 NZ Cloud Computing Forum
Setting the cloud strategy in today’s digital ecosystem
Examine future trends and trajectories with the Cloud space and what companies need to do now to harness the capabilities of the Cloud.
• Security considerations for information privacy and relevance
• Tackling data sovereignty issues on international Cloud servers
• Recommendations for identifying and closing the cracks in the Cloud
- Understand the Hamilton City Council’s journey with the Cloud as they discuss:
- Full Cloud, on-prem or hybrid – understanding the best fit for your organisation
- How does the change in your Cloud model affect people, processes and costs
- Compliance and Cloud
• Ascertaining the non-technology impacts of failures in the Cloud
• Determining risk-mitigation frameworks that consider technology, processes and people
• Improving Cloud governance frameworks
Lindsey Carroll, Director, OutBox
Bernard Seeto, Strategy and Architecture Manager, Southern Cross Health Society
- Understand why your cloud vendor’s SLA will differ from yours.
- Discuss why the only way to really know cloud performance is to measure REAL end-user experience, as your users see it.
- Learn how you can measure end user performance and establish SLAs that help meet your business objectives.
• Harnessing AI and Robotic process automation to get the best out of Cloud environments
• Using the “as-a-Service” model to deploy AI services to industry
• Learning from IoT-enabled data collection centres to drive advanced analytics
• Improve customer experience using Cloud-based analytics
• Leverage the Cloud ecosystem for high performance analytics
• Automation opportunities enabled by Cloud and analytics technologies
IoT is here and it has sparked a new wave of innovation through creating new business models and products, not to mention cost savings and efficiency gains. Gain insights into not just connecting your products but connecting ecosystems in a seamless way to offer even more value to customers.
• Minimising overheads through non-vendor dependent Function-as-a-Service
• Integrating serverless with emerging tech to deploy efficiently
• Solving latency issues especially in machine learning environments
Michael Tapp, Principal Architect, CYMA
• Understanding the difference between elastic or scalable
• Exploring the scalability challenges brought on by Cloud, ..aaS and IoT
• The issues with auto-scaling in response to market demand
Tim Chaffe, Chief IT Architect, University of Auckland
Mark Heseltine, Enterprise Architect, Paymark
• Developing Cloud-first architectures that align with business vision and strategy
• Shaping ROI, capacity planning and cost considerations to align Cloud strategy with business growth
• Reducing Cloud administrative and workload overheads