2017 Content & Communities Summit
Activate your content strategy through the power of communities, automation, and analytics
• Where is the content marketing world heading
• How will content marketing dovetail with evolving customer experiences
• Breaking down silos: Taking content marketing across the organisation
• Bursting onto the world stage with content and tying it back to ROI
• Integrating data and analytics to gain a competitive edge in our content strategy and drive business growth
• Harnessing the power of intelligence: Engaging with communities, extracting emotions, driving traffic, and connecting with audiences in the right context
• Lessons learned from the journey we've taken and what's on the horizon
• What role does content marketing and community management play, and how is it best leveraged through the marketing mix?
• How does content cater to the needs of communities and developing authentic interactions with niche audiences?
• Allocating budget, time, and investing in talent: Best approaches and best practice
• Gaining senior level buy-in and support
Simon Pound, Marketing Director - Brand and Communications, Vend
Lisa Venter, Content Strategist and Growth Manager - Central Growth, Skyscanner
- Kill the politics! Cultivating a successfully partnership between these powerhouse teams
- Redefining the core focus of both teams to be collaborative and customer-facing
- Practical techniques, tools, and tricks to heighten engagement across the board and deliver effective results for other departments as well
Empowering our communities with a voice and letting them share their experiences with others has been where we’ve had huge success. Hear how we nurture, build, and engage directly with communities to form loyal relationships through a dynamic content marketing strategy.
- Why video? Developing a video strategy that adds real value to customers’ experiences and delivers on business objectives
- Intent-driven video: Using video content to drive brand awareness, create communities, and build customer knowledge
- Managing SEO and analytics to compete in a video cluttered environment: How our numbers stack up
- How data and insights are changing how our customers engage with our brands
- Strategically using tools and platforms to identify customer pain points, build up the customer pipeline, and optimise ROI
- Oiling the machine: Ensuring that our automation tools provide the best experience
- Feeding the sense of community through content and making your customers feel special
- Applying analytics to create dynamic campaigns that channel the community connection
- Getting over content shock: How do communities allow us to create content that is specifically designed to engage with them as brand ambassadors
- From concept to execution: Driving content-led campaign to boost engagement, increase traffic, and pump up ROI
- Integrating content across multiple digital channels
- Getting more mileage from owned, earned, and native advertising channels
- Expanding communities and the lessons learned along the way
Kiwibank recently launched a primetime TV series Mind Over Money with Nigel Latta – they pitched the show to TVNZ; fully-funded the production; and gave the show’s producers the freedom to do their best work. Working with TVNZ and Ruckus, Kiwibank has generated a national conversation around money, starting with the show, extending to an online engagement platform and ultimately linking into Kiwibank’s frontline teams across NZ. Find out why, how and what Kiwibank learned on the way through.
Christine Arden, General Manager, Annabel Langbein Media
- Pump up the returns reaped from each piece of content and making the most out of your investment
- Nail down the basics of your strategy with a plan! Get answers to what kind of story to tell, what type of content to create, and how to best achieve your marketing goals
- Maximising your budget effectively and measuring the success of your content
- Activate the artist within: Developing your storytelling skills further
- Why your current content isn’t attracting the traffic you’d like and what to do about it
- Fast-tracking content creation: Tips and tricks to get the creative juices flowing
Step 1: Create a persona. Step 2: Now what? Going beyond the first step presents a whole set of challenges. This session looks at how to effectively create personas to generate leads. We’ll dive into how to better understanding the behaviour patterns, define customer goals and how to utilise insights for your content campaign
- Setting an action plan for automation and platform success by choosing the right software
- Streamlining the checklist: understanding the content operations needs and factoring in growth
- Stakeholder management from vendors to leadership to customer engagement team
- Mass reduction of content: understand how we plan to go from 20,000 pages and publications to just a few hundred
- Methods and techniques to ensure fast sign-off of content for our new website
- UX-led content: Explaining how our strategy evolves as we learn through testing and iteration?
Tania Hockings, Digital Content Advisor, ACC
- Leveraging marketing automation to get the most out of your content
- Delivering top content experiences to prospects when they need it, not when we can get to it
- Competing on the world stage to drive growth and ROI
- Putting in the hard yards: Transitioning from product to content focus to connect with our communities
- How we went about designing a tangible results-driven content strategy
- Striking a balance in the grey areas to utilise both tactics in our strategy to smash ROI
- Strategy first: What are the core functions you need to consider when choosing an automation solution?
- What are the challenges in the implementation phase and how to tackle the unexpected obstacles along the way?
- How to get the most out of your automation to increase engagement, maximise leads, and enhance conversion rates?
- How to ensure that your marketing automation does not fail
- An incredibly short history of the micro-moment followed by an infinitesimally small review of the masters of the art.
- An absurdly minimalist look at owning your brand story through micro-content and scaling it for large audiences.
- A little bit about harnessing lots of voices as a micro-moment content strategy.
- Building a solid presence in organic search results: Understanding what people are interested in
- Link Building: Creating interesting and topical content that is share-worthy and drives traffic
- Tools to measure the effectiveness of SEO efforts and how to compare to your past results and to competitors efforts
Isreal Hartley, SEO & Analytics, Search Republic
- Customising our content strategy to meet unique customer and community needs
- How we’re crafting content that wins’ attention to surprise and delight our customers
- Personalising content without being creepy! Treading the fine line between personalisation and privacy
- Translating the data to develop digital content at different levels of the funnel and generate leads
- Filling the pipeline: Using the data to target audiences and effectively interact with communities at peak times
- Creating seamless transitions by enhancing calls to action and conversion events
Glen MacKellaig, Head of Digital Marketing, Harmoney
- Breaking away from generic: Tailoring content to our community by recognising what brings them together
- Responding to community demand to develop content that positions JUCY as a travel and adventure expert
- Making it relevant and local! How we keep our content unique and genuine
- Creating unique, evergreen, data-driven content to acquire new customers and engage existing ones
- Building a holistic view of community and customer challenges and use it as an opportunity to increase customer lifetime value
- Step-by-step guide to measuring the ROI of your content marketing
Former Head of Marketing, WorkflowMax
Christine Arden, General Manager, Annabel Langbein Media