The 19th One Stop Update for the Accountant in the Public Sector
Supporting government action to influence outcomes
26 - 27 Mar 2018Te Papa, Wellington
Get Your Priorities Straight! - The finance professional’s guide to time and priority management28 MARCH 2018: 9.00am - 12.30pm
In today’s complicated financial landscape we’re faced with multiple tasks that often ‘demand’ our attention, leaving us little time to focus on becoming a true business partner and thinking about growth and the ‘big picture’. This workshop will provide you with tools and strategies to support you to manage multiple projects and deadlines while still making time for you to proactively focus on adding value to your organisation from a big picture perspective.
- Self-introspection - work to your individual strengths and let go of your weaknesses
- Science-backed approach to collaborating WITH your brain to be more effective
- Exploring time-blocking for managing multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Learning to assess urgency vs importance
- How to schedule for the unexpected
- Developing the art of setting boundaries - how to say ‘no’!
- Communication is key - learn to listen and set expectations
- A bit of inspiration to go out and achieve more!
Jennifer Myers MBA
Catalyst For Positive Change
Coach & Trainer
Embarking on your continuous improvement journey - The finance leader’s perspective28 MARCH 2018: 1.30pm - 5.00pm
This half-day workshop offers you practical insights into implementing or honing the continuous improvement programme across your organisation from the finance leader’s point of view. Interwoven with case studies and anecdotes, this session helps for you to realise how to start you continuous improvement journey, or hone and assure the initiatives your organisation has already started.
- Creating and setting your organisation-wide and department-wide continuous improvement strategy
- Defining elements of the role of the finance leader in the continuous improvement programme
- Supporting people, communication and process on organisation-wide change management to help continuous improvement strategy
- Setting up a performance framework across the departments and driving the right behaviours with the right measures
- Blending continuous improvement as part of organisational culture - practical aspects
- Setting up the right benefit realisation framework and assessing a continuous improvement programme cost-benefit analysis