The 16th Annual IFRS Masterclass 2017
Applying IFRS to add value beyond the balance sheet
Getting to grips with revenue - are you ready to transition to the new NZ IFRS 15?15 November 2017 | 9.00 am - 12.30 pm
This half-day workshop provides more detail and background into applying the new revenue standard, and where you should be on your adoption timeline.
- A short background to the 5-step model to recognise revenue
- Refresher on key concepts and terms used within the new standard
- Overview impact of IFRS 15 on various industries and sectors
- Applying the new standard
- First time application - transition options, implications and practical expedients - which to choose!
- Disclosure impacts in the first year of application for Tier 1 and Tier 2 reporters
- Data points needed: What information points and reporting will you need to implement NZ IFRS 15?
- Exploring practical case studies on the new revenue standard:
- Calculation and allocation of transaction price to multiple performance obligations
- Sales and right of return
- Warranties transactions and interactions with other standards
- Sale and repurchase transactions
- Principal and agent transactions
RSM New Zealand
Understanding leases15 November 2017 | 1.30 pm - 5.00 pm
This workshop digs deeper into the new leases standard, IFRS 16, to gain an understanding of the new requirements that the standard will introduce and the implications of these requirements.
Topics to be covered include:
- What the new standard requires and how that differs from current requirements
- The implications of the new standard for lessors
- The implications of the new standard for lessees
- Practical examples of accounting for leases under the new requirements
- The impact of the new requirements on key financial ratios
- Making the transition to the new standard