The 14th Annual Financial Markets Law Conference - 2018
2018 will see updates to the Financial Services Legislative Amendments Bill. This law, in conjunction with robo-advice, digital tokens and the blockchain will have a significant impact to the financial advice eco-system. The need has never been more urgent for financial advisers and capital markets lawyers to consider changing technology, legislation and industry in their strategic plans and their own professional development.
The Annual Financial Markets Law Conference acts as platform to examine legislative changes around New Zealand’s capital markets and explore the effects of these changes to various stakeholders.
Why you cannot afford to miss the 14th Annual Financial Markets Law Conference 2018?
- Gain first-hand insights from the FMA, the Code Committee and various legal and industry experts
- Examine updates to the financial advice regime and its impact on NZ’s capital markets eco-system
- Understand the implications of robo-advice, blockchain and digital tokens on capital markets
- Hear about the after-effects of NZ’s first AML trial and what Phase II implies for captured entities
- Connect and learn from your peers over breaks and networking drinks
Superhot issues on the 2018 Financial Markets Law Conference:
- FMA’s perspective on enforcing transparency within NZs capital markets
- Code Working Group's perspective on updates to the Financial Advice Regime
- Applying robo-advice to support financial advice innovation
- Tracking evolving AML legislation to ensure safer money-markets for New Zealand
- IPO’s next level - capital raising with digital tokens
With presentations from:
- James Grieg, Head of Supervision, Financial Markets Authority
- Angus Dale Jones, Chair, Financial Advice Code Working Group & Director, Knax Consulting
- Jeremy Muir, Partner, MinterEllisonRuddWatts
- Michael Webb, Barrister, Princes Chambers, & Former Board Member, Financial Markets Authority
- Michael Dowling, Chair, Institute of Financial Advisors & Director, Stratus Financial Services
- David Johnstone, Partner, Meredith Connell
Who you will meet at the 14 Annual Financial Markets Law Conference 2018: